- Close your eyes.
- Sit straight.
- Inhale and exhale deeply.
- Visualize that your body is filled with nectar (or honey), with a sweet feeling as if your whole body is smiling.
- If you have irritation or itching in any part of the body, concentrate and feel that portion also being filled with nectar.
- Feel that your whole stomach is filled with nectar.
- Visualize that your whole body from head to toe is filled with nectar, with a pleasant feeling.
- Now slowly divert your attention to the place where you have pain.
- Just be continuously aware of that spot. Now just drop the word ‘pain’.
- Just see what that special sensation is, what is the experience you feel in that spot.
- Do not mentally suffer, do not connect to your suffering, do not be emotionally disturbed.
- Just see what is happening in that spot. Look just as a child looks, with curiosity.
- Just penetrate and be in that space without using the word ‘pain’ or ‘suffering’ until the feeling or the sensation disappears.
source: Living Enlightenment